Carbing Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigin31

Reaction score
Ok so I did my second batch. Had a great Krausen and thought ales klar. At day 6 carbing I poured my self a glass out of curiosity, first batch was a disaster and I am impatient. I got a really acidic carb taste. Also tastes kinda burnt but I used Biscuit malt with Wheat. I'm thinking the burnt grainy taste is green Biscuit and Wheat grain but not sure about the highcarb acidic taste. Any tips?

[tips]Wait more, drink less :D[/tips]

How long did it primary, (or secondary)...? If it's only 6 days in the bottle it might be way too early to judge...

Was it overcarbed after 6 days? (too foamy?)

It ain't coolaid we make here.

i32pM.jpg

Like I said before. I expected green beer. Not a stingy over carbed acid taste. It was in primary for two weeks.

Like I said before. I expected green beer. Not a stingy over carbed acid taste. It was in primary for two weeks.

Time in primary or secondary has no relevance to the time needed to carb and and very little to the time beer needs to condition.

The carbonation/coditioning process, is a whole seperate entity with it's own timeframe, and requirements.

Back