making wort chiller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave6187

Reaction score
I'm looking at picking up 25' of 3/8 soft copper tubing from ebay to make into a wort chiller. Think this will be enough to cool full boils? hooked up to a garden hose of course :fro: any suggestions on making this as well?

should be. there's TONS of chiller options and ideas on this site. check out the DIY forum.

yes, it will work fine. try and search around the forum for the ice bath with your immersion chiller, it works even better.

Yep, I made one from 50 feet of tubing and it works great.

Check here as well before you buy on eBay.

Check out Bobby_M's video on this forum. He is the man when it comes to fabricating. I used his method, made 2 chillers one 25' prechiller (ice bath) , and one 50' immersion chiller. I live in the High desert so my h2o can get as high as 75 degrees in the summer. Full batch-Boil to 65 degrees in 20 minutes. They work awesome, and were easy and cheap to build.:rockin:

Personally I'd go with a 50 feet immersion chiller. Check Lowes / HomeDepot as well, with the recent decrease in copper, they are usually about the same as buying it online + shipping.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8EolKTDZUQ&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Immersion Chiller (IC) Build[/ame]

Back