Oktoberfest... With an orange?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
Yuengling recently came out with an Oktoberfest. Didn't get a chance to taste it yet. However, while looking through Facebook today, I saw someone had an orange in it!! Who fruits and Oktoberfest?! To each his own but I'm kinda peeved about this. People responded that it looked good they are going to try it. They are ruining the Oktoberfest via Facebook! /rant

few rare occasions i like fruiting my beer. like a wheat, always takes well to most fruit (esp during the fermentation). but hey, they're not putting that beer down your throat. let them drink what they like! lol

Fruit an Oktoberfest!?! Who would of dreamed up that??? Those people are nuts! {Sneaks off to kegerator with sliced orange in hand}

In all seriousness, I can't say it would be my thing- but I'm open to the next good idea. Fruit and beer have little interest for me personally, but the sister in law and brother like it. To each his own!

Fruit an Oktoberfest!?! Who would of dreamed up that??? Those people are nuts! {Sneaks off to kegerator with sliced orange in hand}

In all seriousness, I can't say it would be my thing- but I'm open to the next good idea. Fruit and beer have little interest for me personally, but the sister in law and brother like it. To each his own!

+1 Welcome to the "Beer Hall of Tolerance"

-The place where spreading beer snobbery is replaced by spreading beer knowledge-

I'm always open to a new thing. I like fruit beers, just was really surprised to see someone with an orange in their Oktoberfest. I just don't see how the two can go together.

I think he's talking about a brewed beer served in a glass with a slice of orange, not an Oktoberfest brewed with orange in it. If that's the case, then the answer to the question "Who DOES that????!??!??" is probably... hipsters. ;)

I'm not violently opposed to putting fruit - or anything else really - into beer, I just don't do it really. My neighbor's mother grew up in Germany and I proudly gave her a few drafts of my Bavarian Hefeweizen this summer. She loved it and informed me that I could put a slice of lemon in it if I felt so inclined.

That's fine, but my question to myself was "If we are talking a traditional German beer here, in what part of Germany does the lemon grow?"

I actually prefer to swap the fruit out in favor of a good dose of alum. Now THAT makes a tasty Oktoberfest.

Back