Fermentation Chamber = SWMBO Trouble!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opus345

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I want it bad, but it would be death.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/bfs/2969895696.html

5E15K25M53L53J73N1c4k9125e68df62d1761.jpg

You only live once! Seems like yours may do the same as mine and end your life too if you came home with it and said "I'm going to put beer in it and no gelato!"

Hmmm im in omaha too. You better be quick with your decision. Jk wife would have my head too.

Geez 5K? Don't think I could get a way with that one. How about a big deep freezer with some temp control. I'm sure you could buy four for the price of that thing.

I love the display! But at the price (obviously) building something nice, maybe hardwood, with a nice dark stain. spend 1k and make something that warms and cools as needed! Insulate it yourself! But dang it would be nice though!

I'd love to hear how you're building a ferm chamber for $50 as I am looking to do something similar.

Also, I noticed that you're in Middletown, DE. I have family there!

It's probably doable if you already have an old refrigerator. I had a refrigerator where the defroster heating element died. I simply removed it, and replaced the control circuitry with an Arduino, a few relays, and two temperature probes.

I use the old fridge side as a ferm chamber, and the freezer side as a kegerator. It would be nice if the two sides were independently adjustable, but as it is, it's about perfect for doing ales. I could do a lager if I removed the keg from the keg side so it doesn't freeze.

tell her it's a hyperbaric chamber that she can use for staying young and wrinkle free...see if she bites!! LOL

It's probably doable if you already have an old refrigerator. I had a refrigerator where the defroster heating element died. I simply removed it, and replaced the control circuitry with an Arduino, a few relays, and two temperature probes.

I use the old fridge side as a ferm chamber, and the freezer side as a kegerator. It would be nice if the two sides were independently adjustable, but as it is, it's about perfect for doing ales. I could do a lager if I removed the keg from the keg side so it doesn't freeze.
I probably exaggerate when I say only $50. But, I used a lot of stuff I already had, so that counts as free, right? I already had the dorm fridge, wood framing, casters, foam spray, silicone caulk and screws! The only things I had to buy were the cheap temp controller from Ebay & some 2" insulation board. Oh, and some hinges...

I am installing the doors tonight! :mug:

2012-04-21_22-13-16_717-Small.jpg

Rolls nicely right under my workbench!

2012-04-23_07-47-20_655-Small.jpg

Back