Cisco Brewery Nantucket Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svengoat

Reaction score
This weekend I was lucky enough to get a guided tour of the brewery On Nantucket Island.. You can see the second year hops vines browing nicely and they also produce spirits too... Here are a couple of pics ..Not quite a homebrew , but they grew from a garage to being really popular here..

P5172162.jpg

P5172167.jpg

P5172165.jpg

Very cool! What part of the island is it on? I've been to nantucket several times (when I was younger) but not recently. I'd love to make a trip over there again... much more relaxed environment in comparison to the vineyard.

It's on 5 Bartlett Farm Rd right outside of town...Right near the big farm out there.. I warn you the beer produced there is grassy and cloudy... I tried all of them and they were poor to say the least.. Now the beer that is shipped all over NE is produced by an off island brewery and may be better..
After asking the bartender he kinda stated that they produce all the beer for the island and are hard pressed to keep up, so they apparently rack off the trub to the keg.. Now they do have a multi-plate filter but they don't use it to it's full extent LMAO...

Funny thing is, there were all sorts of pretentious folks out there just singing the praises of their brews..LOL They obviously have never tried a well conditioned beer brewed to style.. The IPA tasted like I mowed the yard in a strong wind with my mouth open..The Grey Lady was the only one I could drink and it's a brown ale...

My brother is going to work out there for the summer and I was thinking of going to Cisco. Is it worth it? If not do you know any other beer related place to go to?

The place is xanadu wrapped in a candy coating.. The beer might be alittle off but the wine and spirits are excellent... Plus there are tons of hot drunk women all over that place..:ban: Pint prices are cheaper than any other place in town also.. So make it a stop on the island..

The wife and I went their last year on our trip to Cape Cod. We thought the beer was forgettable. I did like the Grey Lady, though.

Cape Cod Beer in Hyannis is pretty good. I like their Red Ale!

The place is xanadu wrapped in a candy coating.. The beer might be alittle off but the wine and spirits are excellent... Plus there are tons of hot drunk women all over that place..:ban: Pint prices are cheaper than any other place in town also.. So make it a stop on the island..

+1 to drunk women all over the place. I spent 1 weekend there and had one of the craziest nights of my life. woke up that morning in a random bed naked. Its a magical place :ban:

Back