Help with my keezer setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBoy47

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am trying to put together my gas setup for my keezer. I would like to be able to carb/serve at 3 different pressures. My plan is to have a primary with 2 secondaries. I have a 15cf freezer and I can fit 9 kegs inside. Im wondering what the most cost effective way to work my gas setup would be. Buying all the regulators and gas manifolds is very pricy. Is it worth having 2 secondaries? Would only having one be sufficient? Ive done alot of searching online but im just not sure what the best options are. If anyone has a similar setup to the one Im building I would love to see your setup. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi

Secondary regulators require a pressure differential across them to operate properly. Numbers in the 15 to 30 psi range are pretty common. If you want to have your secondaries run up to 25 psi, your primary would need to be set at 55 psi to be ok at a 30 psi differential. Unless you want / need one pressure to be very high that's not going to work very well. Finding the exact numbers on a specific regulator is *not* easy...

Practical setups:

1) Three primaries, each set to a specific pressure.

2) One primary, set to the secondary input pressure. Three secondaries, each set to a specific pressure.

Yes it is expensive. You really have to need the three fully adjustable pressures .... Most of us poor folk try to get by with two :drunk:

Bob

I dont need it but it would be nice. By having three primaries would you have to use 3 co2 bottles? Or does someone make three primary regulators that connect directly to the co2? I guess im also confused about the secondaries. Are you saying that if I want my secondaries to funtion properly the primary regulator would be useless because it has to be set 30 psi above the highest pressure setting on your group of secondaries? That seems like a waste. I just want to build an efficient set up that will be able to to simultaneously pressurize 9 kegs.

I am no expert, but I would assume you can get/ build a cheap 3 way manifold, set a high pressure, and then run your regulators off the manifold with the pressure dialed individually. Just make sure you get check valves between the regulator and your keg.

Latest posts

Back