Rhode Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valley Brewer

Reaction score
Hi -

Been lurking for a couple months....

I jumped in head first with a basic kit, secondary glass carboy and a few other small upgrades a few months ago.

My first brew was a Golden Ale with a few mishaps. I'll get into that a bit later.

Welcome to the forum. Don't let the mishaps get to you, brewing doesn't always work out perfectly.

Happy Brewing.

Valley Brewer said:
Cumberland

Cool. I grew up in Warwick. My sister still lives there.
I also have some friends that live off Mendon road in Cumberland.
I spend a lot of time in your neck of the woods.

JavaBeans said:
Cool. I grew up in Warwick. My sister still lives there.
I also have some friends that live off Mendon road in Cumberland.
I spend a lot of time in your neck of the woods.

I'm off Mendon myself...about 1/2 mile N of Cumberland High School.

Welcome from someone who has no idea where the h*%l Mendon road is. Glad to have you, hope your brews are sweet and tasty! :mug:

bigjohnmilford said:
(off topic) Java do you get to Watch City much?

But of course. Mug club member.
Aaron makes some pretty good beer, and I'm always happy with his IPA's. Zok's Baltic Porter is pretty tasty too.

That Orange Kolsh he does in the summer is pretty nice as well.

bigjohnmilford said:
isn't everything in Cumberland off of Mendon road?

Everyplace I've ever been to in Cumbahland has been.

Of course that hasn't been very many (or often), too far to go without a survival kit. ;)

kram said:
Everyplace I've ever been to in Cumbahland has been.

Of course that hasn't been very many (or often), too far to go without a survival kit. ;)

No one outside of RI is going to understand needing a survival kit to travel, at most, 45 minutes from one's home. I on the other hand, make sure I pack a lunch to go to the grocery store :cross:

Welcome to the message boards Valley Brewer. I'm also a Cumberlandite.

If you haven't hit our local Homebrew store, Blackstone Valley Brewing, it's a great place to pick up supplies. They occasionally have all grain demonstrations on Saturday and are a great source of information.

Rich the Brewer said:
Welcome to the message boards Valley Brewer. I'm also a Cumberlandite.

If you haven't hit our local Homebrew store, Blackstone Valley Brewing, it's a great place to pick up supplies. They occasionally have all grain demonstrations on Saturday and are a great source of information.

I have been there. Actually, I purchased a carboy, auto siphon and Golden Ale brew kit from them. Nice place.

Back