Co2 pressure going down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonmohl1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am basically new to owning a kegerator (home). I have had about 3 kegs in it and has worked pretty well. I ran out of co2 so my wife stopped by her work to get a new tank. She picked up a new tank with 70% nitro and 30% carbon. This is the first time I have had a tank with nitro in it (fyi).

I plugged in my new keg (Manny's) it is a pale ale, I set my pressure to 12 and let it sit over night. However, when I pour a beer it comes out great then goes to a slow pour. The co2 tank will then reach 1 or 0 (no pressure). I then have to pump it back up again. Is there something I am doing wrong or something that could be wrong?

Sometimes when trying to raise the co2 pressure I do hear a little squeel but not sure exactly where it is coming from.

Thank you for all the help. Sorry if this was posted before but I could not find anything on it so I came to here for help.

Brandon

70/30 split is beer gas, it sounds like your pressure is too low as i know most beer gas is dispensed at 25-30 psi. beer gas is very different from plain Co2

Does it eventually stop or just slow to a trickle?

do some research in to beer gas , unfortunately what i told you is about as much as i know about it as i don't use it. wish i could be of more help but a quick search of beer gas here or google will help you to further understand what kind of cylinder you have at the moment. if you desire to go to a completely normal kegerator set up , you need a straight co2 cylinder

How are you "pumping it back up"? Sounds like you might have a regulator issue, maybe not set right?

Do you have the valve on the tank completely open? If not that is the problem. Otherwise your regulator should keep a constant pressure on your keg. If the beer quits flowing you don't have pressure behind it so check the regulator. It should have a pressure gauge on it, if the pressure falls, you have a regulator problem.

Do you have the valve on the tank completely open? If not that is the problem. Otherwise your regulator should keep a constant pressure on your keg. If the beer quits flowing you don't have pressure behind it so check the regulator. It should have a pressure gauge on it, if the pressure falls, you have a regulator problem.

That's probably true. No matter the gas, 12 psi would be the same, right?

Latest posts

Back