The Home Made Pizza Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pie #1 (Homemade Ranch, Hot Italian Sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, fresh grated provolone and Feta).

DSC_1231-1.jpg

Pie #2, same thing but with homemade red sauce (diced tomatoes reduced with Oregano, Thyme, Garlic, pinch of red pepper, and a dash of honey)

DSC_1235-1.jpg

[Edit 9:14 pm] And no... @ChefRex, no sourdough :/ I've been abstaining from Pizza and bread while I try to lose some weight in preparation of "homebrewing" season and the kegs of beer that will soon be drank! I still owe you, be prepared for a surprise package... at this rate, in the next 6 months or so! lol.

There are some incredible-looking offerings on this site. I have to scroll rapidly past the pics before I start drooling on my keyboard.

I don't make pizza, but a friend makes one for SB Sunday. He was stuffing his crust with cheese long before Pizza Hut capitalized on the concept. I don't have a pic of it although a pic would not begin to do it justice. Suffice to say it looked more like a 'cake' than a 'pie'.

I always thought fontina would be great on a pizza with aged provolone. The fontina is rich & creamy against the nutty picantness of the provolone.

Had the stuff ready to go from yesterday so what the heck, thin crust, chicken/bacon meatballs, hot cherry peppers, sweet onions, Asiago, fontina and parm cheese:D

Always a great looking pie @ChefRex !!!!

:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

What was your dough recipe if I may ask? I've always wanted to get the dough to bubble up to create those air pockets (reminds me of Shakey's Pizza if you are so fortunate).

@ChefRex

Any youtube videos you recommend for getting dough like that? I know you've mentioned the fresh loaf before.
:mug:

Always a great looking pie @ChefRex !!!!

:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

What was your dough recipe if I may ask? I've always wanted to get the dough to bubble up to create those air pockets (reminds me of Shakey's Pizza if you are so fortunate).

@ChefRex

Any youtube videos you recommend for getting dough like that? I know you've mentioned the fresh loaf before.
:mug:

It just my go to 1,2,3 recipe with a good glug of olive oil added, Stout wort was my liquid this time, it's never the same, I play with it and know what I like :D I know this isn't the most helpful but it's the way I cook, touch, feel and looks.

Anybody here have any luck with Deven's "Pizza Inn" style cracker crust on pizzamaking.com? Or, any other cracker style crusts? I followed that recipe to the letter and ended up with a crumbly mess. The dough ball was insanely difficult to roll out and the edges cracked and broke off until there was nothing left. Just wondering if anybody has some experience with this dough that they could share.

I have had great success with Reinhart's Neopolitan. My family loves that dough. Just looking to branch out. Thanks!

I think I might make some Za's Saturday. Ill post some pics of the dough process and the end product. I made a bunch of sauce two weeks ago, so thats taken care of. Probably do one margarita and the other a meat-lovers with some green olive...mmmm

Its been too long since i made a pie and you guys werent making it any easier! Two hour bread machine dough turned out pretty good!

First one is tomato, red onion, green bell pepper, and jalapeño on my half.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424227474.040158.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424227490.727618.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424227501.092399.jpg

And the margarita just came out the oven. Looks fantastic but at this point its a guessing game. :D
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424227552.938255.jpg

No, it's a little too far from the back door. I haven't used it since Thanksgiving. I did use the one in the Airstream in winter but I sold it.

Hnnnnngggggggg all these beautiful looking pies. I think I'm going to make some dough tonight for a pizza this weekend. I've been wanting to personally try out longer (2+ days) cold ferments, anyway.

Hnnnnngggggggg all these beautiful looking pies. I think I'm going to make some dough tonight for a pizza this weekend. I've been wanting to personally try out longer (2+ days) cold ferments, anyway.

I always do 1-3 days from now on for the dough, then get the dough out first thing the morning you're making pizza or the night before to let it do its final rise and get up to temp, you won't regret it!

Couple questions on a cold ferment. So I mix the dough and then immediately put it in the fridge? Or give it some time first? Then when I bring it out the morning to cook, do I give it more time, or poke down/shape it? Thanks for any tips!

Also, can I just do an overnight cold ferment? As in, make the dough tonight and take out of the fridge tomorrow morning?

Just workin' on my pizza technique. This was cooked on a pizza stone and I did notice a big improvement this time.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Back