Making beer in Korea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levenhagen

Reaction score
Hello

Im going to do a brew in a bag. 5 gallon all grain

I want to make a SMASH beer, I think thats what it is called when you use only one malt and one hops. I'm in South Korea right now and I dont have a wide variety of malts or hops to pick from. Do you have any suggestions?

I want to do an ale so I can have it at room temperature. Also I like darker beers and very hoppy beer but I think I can only get one kind of malt and thats a pilsner malt, thats how they have it labled. Theres maybe more malts but those are the only ones I know I can get for now.

THIS IS A UPDATE: I think I can also get these malts pale ale, wheat, vienna, carared, carahell, carapils, munich, melanoiden, caramunich 2 and 3, caraaroma, carafa 2, smoked. But I would like to try and make a beer with just one malt so I can buy it in bulk and save money.

Hops I can get: kent golding, tradition, saaz, tettnang, hallertae, cascadeI think I have a good variety of yeast: Wyeast, Ssfbrew WB-06, Saflager w34, safeale s-04, california ale, english ale, irish ale, hefeweizen, belgian wit

I just thought I would mention it again Im going to do a brew in a bag.

If you could get back to me soon that would be great... I want to buy the ingredients soon

What measurements do you recommend? I want to make 5 gallons with the brew in a bag method, have you done that method before? This will be my first brew in a bag, but I dont have the room or supplies for normal all grain brewing.

Just fiddle around on hopville or beersmith and find the appropriate level of pale malt for the ABV you want. Add 3/4 oz of cascade at 60, 45, and 5. Dry hop with a 1/2 oz.

Back