what's YOUR SOURCE for brewing equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Reaction score
just starting out...well - took a step backward today as I returned the brewer's best kit i bought because after reading here for a couple of days I decided I'd rather go ahead and piece together my kit the way I want vs using what I wanted out of the bb kit and trashing the rest.

i've decided to try the local bakery for food-grade buckets for the first couple of batches (unless i find a local supplier of glass carboys in the next week).

question is - what is the best supplier for the rest of the kit?

racking cane
auto-siphon
air lock / bungs
quality hyrdometer
quality thermometer
etc

Preshate it!
Brian

Is there a homebrew shop in your area? I assume that is where you got the Brewer's Best kit from... they probably sell all that stuff you listed separately.

If you're looking to order online, I've used Northern Brewer and Austin Homebrew- both were great.

Welcome to the hobby!

I wouldn't have returned your BB kit. Its a great jumping off point for getting your first homebrew off the ground. Just my opinion I guess. LHBS would be your best bet in finding all your needs.

Where in TN are you? Rebel Brewer is in Goodletsville (about 20 minutes north of Nashville) and I use them for all of my equipment needs.

I've gotten all my supplies from Midwest and have no complaints. If you go through Northern (also no complaints), be sure to get a kit or two as they have a flat $8 shipping (except for fragile/bulk items...I had 70lbs of ingredients shipped to me for 8 bucks shipping).

LHBS should be your first go to, if you have one. Always support your local store. If you don't have one or they don't have what you need, there are a ton of good only sites.

Midwest and Northern have good rep. Morebeer is also another good one.

My kit was from amazon.com (they have equipment from many different sellers) but everything else i get from the lhbs.

My LHBS is a 50 minute drive away, so I usually just order everything I need from Northern Brewer. I've brewed a bunch of their kits, they are awesome!

I've used Northern Brewer, Midwest Supplies, Grape and Granary, Rebel Brewer and Brewmaster's Warehouse. All have good prices/shipping on certain things. The key with online stores is that there is no one best store. You need to always shop around as, depending on what you are ordering at the time, any of them might be the cheapest.

preshate the heads up on Rebel Brewer, IffyG. In the future I'm definitely gonna hit them up because, based on their website, they have an extensive inventory. for now - i reverted back to the brewer's best kit (this time, the deluxe) along with a test tube thingy for the hydrometer ($4) and a couple of Yazoo Pale Ale growlers from Mt. Juliet Beer Company (already a slight haul for me coming from Smyrna). They've only been open a little over a year. This was my 2nd visit to them during that time and they've been quite helpful both times. Plus, i mean, they do have my fav beer - the aforementioned yazoo - on tap!

Went with the american pale ale BB kit as well. Will report back with progress...thanks all!

B

Kind of confused why you would return (and I assume pay to return) a perfectly good kit. I got one for xmas, I am just going to build upon what the kit gave me.

bjohn - i stand in any beer aisle with a good selection for unreasonable amounts of time. to be indecisive about my initial homebrew kit wouldn't be surprising if you knew me. hopefully, though, only the good parts of that OCD spill over into my brewing and leave room for any artistic bits to shine through as well.

unencumbered by reason,
B

Latest posts

Back