Alexanders Grape Concentrates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toularat

Reaction score
Hi. Anybody use Alexanders Grape Concentrates? 46 ozcan - use 2 cans for 5 gallons. Seems awfully light to me, like it would be comparable to Island Mist kits as far as quality? I would be interested if it would be more like middle of the road kits - 80.00 kits. Has anyone used these? How would you rate the wine made from this?

Thanks for your help.

I use 1 can of Johannisburg Riesling to made 2.5 gallons of Federweisser a couple times a year. That's about it for me. Works well, but you have to add sugar.

I've made dozens of wines and meads with them and I'm a huge fan. One of my Alexander's pyments took a gold medal at the International Mead Festival last year and an Alexander's/blackberry port-style took second place at the state fair this year. While I've never made a wine using nothing but Alexander's concentrates, I haven't heard much good about them. They're best used as a supplement to additional fruit or honey.

Back