Is everything ok here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trimmer

Reaction score
This fermentation has been different than the first 20 beers I have done... There where big gross bubbles like I have never seen before. 6 days later it isn't settling back into the beer at all. Is everything ok? Should I just SBRAHAHB.. That acronym doesn't look right....

beer.JPG

Looks like the yeast are hard at work making beer to me. Nothing unusual

Oh my god. Quick run for your life before it blows. J/K It looks great. nice job

I thought that meant people were getting frustrated with their brews. Like- OH NO my beer is infected RHWAHAHRBLABLE!!!! OR- My beer pours all foamy RDWHAHBLARABBLE

This is one advantage to fermenting in those nice, opaque buckets. :)

Thats the most crystal clear bucket I've ever seen! It must be that new material I've heard of that is great to ferment in... where oh where do you think I could find one? I'm sick of all my crappy scratched plastic buckets that lead to infections.

Thats the most crystal clear bucket I've ever seen! It must be that new material I've heard of that is great to ferment in... where oh where do you think I could find one? I'm sick of all my crappy scratched plastic buckets that lead to infections.

That was apparently poorly delivered sarcasm. You can't see your fermentation in a bucket and, as a result, can't worry about how it looks.

And FWIW, I have buckets that have fermented 100 batches without a scratch or infection. If you use the right cleaning methods, you won't scratch the bucket. Obviously, don't use steel wool to scrape away the kraussen ring. :)

That was apparently poorly delivered sarcasm. You can't see your fermentation in a bucket and, as a result, can't worry about how it looks.

And FWIW, I have buckets that have fermented 100 batches without a scratch or infection. If you use the right cleaning methods, you won't scratch the bucket. Obviously, don't use steel wool to scrape away the kraussen ring. :)

Obviously deliberately over-sarcastic. I also do most of my fermentation in plastic buckets and havent really had problems. Also havent had problems dry hopping, extended lagering, wood aging, or long-term conditioning in glass. My wry post was merely a supporting nod to the previous post, and a mild jab at those who insist glass is the devil.

Haha. ...And you were the previous post. Lol. And here I thought you were someone coming to lash the two of us. I'm in simple agreement. Nay, complicated and silly agreement is more what I'm aiming at.

Haha. ...And you were the previous post. Lol. And here I thought you were someone coming to lash the two of us. I'm in simple agreement. Nay, complicated and silly agreement is more what I'm aiming at.

I've gotten a silent, confused look on more than one occasion from someone completely oblivious to my dry wit and sarcasm. Funny that I was looking in the mirror there... lol. Touche! :mug:

Back