Brewing in the desert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattlock

Reaction score
I just picked up a bunch of used brew equipment a few months ago and now I have 6 batches (5 gal) starting out (yes, i'm hooked). the first couple have come out excellent and I'm looking forward for the next ones. It gets pretty damn hot in Tucson AZ, so I'm trying to get as many in as possible right now.

Anyways, my name is Matt, and this forum is kick ass. I look forward to learning and sharing what i've done so far.

:cheers:
Matt

hey Matt

Im just south of you down in Sierra Vista. Lucky us, we're usually about 10 degrees cooler on avg. But still.....it IS getting really hot

homebrewer_99 said:
Tucson is a nice place. Been there. Really liked the Canyon, Old T, Red Rocks, Sierra Vista, Tombstone, Nogales, and the desert. ;)
I've been here 8 years now and I can't get enough, especially Sedona and all of the red rocks. reminds me of Clint Eastwood in the Good, Bad & Ugly (not sure if it was filmed there).
Chimone said:
Im just south of you down in Sierra Vista. Lucky us, we're usually about 10 degrees cooler on avg. But still.....it IS getting really hot
i'm dealing with the temps, but I have no AC, just evap cooling. It works great, but now I have to look out for the beer. I thought it would be hotter going south, maybe you're higher up.
olllllo said:
It can be done! Last summer I did a batch when it was 118.
Hopefully you had something inside to cool down the wort (like a *really* cold beer, or something. hehe)

Back