AHS "Just Beer" kit, anyone know whats included in these kits? specifically Simcoe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kapaduch

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I was thinking of making a lighter beer for an event that we plan to drink the whole 5 gallons at, so I dont think I want to make anything too pricey. I really like simcoe hops, and was thinking of brewing one of the Austin Homebrew "Just Beer" kits, specifically the simcoe just beer kit. I'll probably throw a couple more hops in, maybe some cascade, or cascade dry hopping (I have a lot of leaf cascade hops). But does anyone know whats actually included in these kits?? Wondering if I need to throw in another pound of DME for some body. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

If you are going to modify the kit, why not just make your own recipe?

Thats a good point, but it always seems to be cheaper to go for kits. For example its 26.00 for 6lbs of DME, when the kit is only 22.00 for malt, hops, steeping bag, etc.. I went ahead and bought the kit, and added 1 lb dme, and an oz of horizon hops. I still have some cascade, so when i get the kit i'll post what actually is included for anyone else curious.

Also, I would assume these kits, at least the all grain versions, contain 8.5lbs of 2-row, .5 lbs of Carapils, and an ounce of the specified hops. Simple, but probably tasty.

I think they generaly have 2 oz of hops. Almost all call for 1 oz bitter and 0.5 oz each flavor and aroma

Thats a good point, but it always seems to be cheaper to go for kits. For example its 26.00 for 6lbs of DME, when the kit is only 22.00 for malt, hops, steeping bag, etc.. I went ahead and bought the kit, and added 1 lb dme, and an oz of horizon hops. I still have some cascade, so when i get the kit i'll post what actually is included for anyone else curious.

keep in mind you are getting 6lbs of LME which is $16.74 on their site and 6lbs of DME will yield a higher OG so its not an apples:apples comparison

Latest posts

Back