What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably this for the rest of the night. Having a couple friends over and can't go wrong with a 8% doppelbock that's as local as it gets.

image-874340775.jpg

Went to pull out what I thought was my last Red Chair turns out it was an Obsidian Stout. Kind of disappointed so I pulled out a HB Honey Weizen.

The first bottle of my first batch I ever brewed..

and its DRINKABLE :)

Lot of vanilla, and the hops hit you from the back.. Good carbonation, and flavorful :) I Would not be disappointed if I bought this at the store. Might not want to get a case of it.. but I would drink it and not think I made a bad choice :)

Wow, Chinook and Willamete did this beer good. I kinda feel like Im drinkin a good Lagunitas or somethin. 4 mo from bottleing,held up very nicely. Passed it up many times.

ST krampus.jpg

Side by side by side comparison of 2 generations of my dry Irish stout next to Guinness. Still not as good as the real thing. Oh well, back to the drawing board... :drunk:

Good stuff

Having my first victory brew. Hop devil. A very nice IPA and watching one of my favorite TV shows archer.

Nice.Wait til you try the Hop Wallop. This just showed up in my area without me having to drive too far to get it this time finally. One of my Victory favorates and if not most or almost all of them are great.:mug:

CDGoin said:
The first bottle of my first batch I ever brewed..

and its DRINKABLE :)

Lot of vanilla, and the hops hit you from the back.. Good carbonation, and flavorful :) I Would not be disappointed if I bought this at the store. Might not want to get a case of it.. but I would drink it and not think I made a bad choice :)

Nice. Good job and welcome to the obsession. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

Red Rooster to go with a spaghetti dinner. A little lighter in body than I like but amazing head.

image-2414382183.jpg

Attachments

• image-4001074867.jpg
    image-4001074867.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 102
SFGiantsFan925 said:
So, um....yeah. Having this right now and am very happy with it. Super good. Not absolutely blown away, but this is pretty damn good stuff. Probably in the top 5 beers I have had.

Drink it from the can! If you have another tell us if there is a big difference. I've only had it from the can. They say you lose aroma if you pour from the can.

Having a SN Torpedo, and wishing I had more Boddingtons in my fridge. Next up on deck is a Big Eddy RIS.

Drink it from the can! If you have another tell us if there is a big difference. I've only had it from the can. They say you lose aroma if you pour from the can.

It's better when you pour, I've done both and maybe you lose aroma from pouring, but you'd never know since you can't smell much from the can. ;)

HPIM1902.jpg
This one's also better when poured. :D

It's better when you pour, I've done both and maybe you lose aroma from pouring, but you'd never know since you can't smell much from the can. ;)

View attachment 95879

Ok, the leaning can is almost as pretentious as the glass sitting in a bed of malt....:cross:

Stone IPA, now at our Costco, then some elephant clone, and now Double Bastard. Need to rest for work followed by brew day tomorrow, 6am-5, 5:30-3am.

WesleyS said:
Oh yeah!!! Packaged on 1/9/13 and hand delivered today by my dad.

Hopslam? More like HopDAM this is great!!!!

I had one last year from a trade, and I was underwhelmed. It was every bit as fresh as that one. A good beer but nowhere near as good as expected, though I have heard that last years batch wasn't as good as the current.

Lushife said:
My dad drank my dfh 120 so he got me these. I'm not sure if I should be annoyed or happy, he said it was kinda nasty.

What do you think of em? I've seen mostly positive opinions of it in the thread.

NordeastBrewer77 said:

I've got some of those headed my way via France44 as soon as there's a little break in your frozen ass weather out there. If they can't ship them within 2 weeks I'll just bite it for the expedited shipping.

bottlebomber said:
I had one last year from a trade, and I was underwhelmed. It was every bit as fresh as that one. A good beer but nowhere near as good as expected, though I have heard that last years batch wasn't as good as the current.

This is the first one I've had. It's a great beer, but not as good as Abrasive or Heady. I'm not sure if its $18.00/6 pack good, but hey, you never know until you try it. I'll still probably try to get my hands on some again next year.
Speaking of hyped beers, when can I expect my shipment of Pliny from you. :D

Back