Co2 Cylinder/setup price and question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jheim

Reaction score
I was just offered 4 K size CO2 cylinders from a bar that closed years ago. My question to the forum is those 4 cylinders along with regulators and about 8 cornys would be the deal for about $250. Is that worth it? I dont need that many CO2 tanks especially that large, I planned on buying a 20lb cylinder max.

What can be done with the larger cylinders? Do places like welding shops or Airgas take those large cylinders in exchange for smaller ones or do they buy them? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Yes $250 would be a good deal you can always sell off what you do not need.
Bottles being so heavy I would work a deal with a local welding supply for a few smaller bottles one K is worth a few 20# JMO in value.
I wouldn't do anything rash, hang onto a few corny's you may expand needing them in the future.
On the larger bottles do not let someone snag them on the cheap (you getting screwed while they smile) ok?
Check for purchasing or replacement of those C02 bottles to get cost replacement value, add a hydro fee as well filling to know where your at in value you have. The "K" bottle is 9 1/4" x 60" tall x 135# tare wt plus app $45+ to have filled.
Only when you decide on selling, i'd keep one large bottle and a few corny's plus regulators as spares.
Are these Pepsi corny's? What would be your selling price if available as I am looking for two of them in ball lock top fittings? Let me know after you gathered more information on your collection. Thanks. Carl in Calif.

Back