Find yourself...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
using the larger size notches on your belt since you started homebrewing? I'm noticing a rather substantial increase in girth since taking on this new hobby...

A bit, but I say it's not the beer. It's the sitting. Damn liquor laws. It's all the governments fault. If I could walk around in public swailing HB I would be much leaner.

i lost some pounds at first, the old liquid diet. but quit smoking about a mounth and a half ago, and my beer intake has seriously doubled in that time. so im at 200 lbs, never been over 185 in my life

using the larger size notches on your belt since you started homebrewing? I'm noticing a rather substantial increase in girth since taking on this new hobby...

Yeah, that might be the case with me too..
I started brewing about half a year ago, and think i might need to go shopping for a new belt..
Or maybe it's because work slowed down since then. Ofcourse, with work being slower and slower i brew more, and while brewing i consume more. A viscious cycle, and another result of the recession..

Offcourse it doesn't have anything to do with when i first started kegging i emptied it in 7 days! Or the increased intake with my other hobby, grilling, of both beer and food. :)

since i've been physically working more this past spring/summer i've found i've actually had to notch two new holds in my belt... w00t!

I just started home brewing and needed the bottles to fill so I had to drink the beer to get the bottles :mug: ....... at least thats what I told the wife :drunk: but think she put my belt in the washer and it shrunk :eek:

I think many of you need this. Notch free!

68a99dc2-a1f1-457b-b78f-c58f13161364.jpg

The REI Stretch belt is fully adjustable and has just enough give to keep you comfortable yet secure.
  • Basic cotton weave design goes well with any casual attire
  • Burly rubber throughout offers durability and comfortable stretch
  • Fully adjustable slider and side-release buckle are purely functional; designed with practicality in mind
  • Fits waists up to 49 in.

Find myself?

Bah!

I drink to lose myself. And I don't need no pants to do that!

I don't want to think about you drinking without your pants on !!!

I blame all of my weight gain on SWMBO. She's a hot little Italian who's a great cook, and whose best dishes include a mean lasagna and a killer cheesecake !
It's got NOTHING to do with my homebrewing...or the lack of work in the construction industry !!! NOTHING !

I don't want to think about you drinking without your pants on !!!

Are you my wife? Creepy!

I drink to stay in shape. Round is a shape right?

Ironically, after full disclosure to my doctah regarding my activity, drinking, and lack of weight loss. He suggested it might be more biological than chemical. That is to say, he's looking at my blood as relates to Thyroid.

He also suspects that my drinking may have s'thing to do with my cholesterol staying where it is at despite all the crap I eat.

Sorry to brag, but my job started offering free personal trainers. I met with mine, and she told me I needed to GAIN 5 lbs. On top of that, if I meet this lofty goal then my employer will pay me $50.

It isn't the beer, it is global warming. You see the world is warmer, so it is expanding. This makes it larger and so even though it is rotating at the same rate, the outer edge, where we all live is spinner faster. Thus the gravity is greater and so we are being compressed, or better put, we are being flattened out. Therefore our wastes are getting larger. Likewise, our abdominal muscles have not adapted to the greater gravitational pull and can't hold our stomaches in as they once did. Go have another beer and curse the industrial age for making your waist bigger!

-3 belt notches and ~22 lbs since June but my beer intake has declined. I started packing on the pounds from being out of work with a bad back for a few years and had to start watching my weight. Back's gotten better since and I've become more active but my words aren't being slurred as much :(

Went Paleo at the beginning of the year except for beer. I've lost 15 lbs. already. Love to brew so I'm not giving that up.

Back