Taprite 740 Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niederhofer

Reaction score
I have a second hand Taprite 740 series primarry dual guage co2 regulator. I didn't notice when I bought it, but the adjustment screw on the front is frozen in place. I plan to pick up some liquid wrench or PB Blaster on the way home to see if I can unstick it with that. Has anyone here had that problem before?

Also, is there somewhere I can find the instructions for setting the pressure when I do get the adjustment screw loose? As it came second hand, I am not sure exactly how to use it. Thanks in advance.

Had the same problem and was able to get it to turn freely with some lube. However it is a leaker. You should test very carefully with some soapy water or bubble solution for leaks after you hook it up. Simple to set, clockwise for pressure increase. Make sure you have a washer between the tank & regulator if it does not have the built in Quad O-ring on the regulator.

Ok, so I'm really slow... I didn't realize the nut that was up against the body of the regulator is for locking the pressure control. I now have control of the regulator and another humbling beer experience. I do wish taprite would post their instruction manuals online...

Back