No carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajoha2003

Reaction score
Hi this me first batch of cider.
I used:
3 gallons of cider, 1 gallons of raspberry juice and 1 galloon of cranberry / raspberry.
2 lbs of brown sugar
Champagne yeast.
Basically I mixed everything together.
Keep it in the formation for 18 days in temperature around 70-75F

Bottling I used ½ cup of sugar and 4 oz of raspberry flavor to make the taste better. Gravity at bottling was around 1.00+ idk what it was on the begging.

I have two issues with this batch. One is very strong . Addition to that there is no bubbles. Taste like apple raspberry wine or cider without any bubbles. I don’t have a kegging kit so force carbonation is not an option.

Any advice how to fix it or for the future on the second batch.

It's a high grav thing, it will more than likely take a long time to carb. The 3 weeks at 70 we talk about is for normal strength beers, higher grav things tend to take longer.

It could be months before it carbs. I'd check it in another 3 weeks or so.

Currently I have them in the refrigerator. Or should I keep it in a room temperature. I was think to pasteurize the bottles.

Currently I have them in the refrigerator. Or should I keep it in a room temperature. I was think to pasteurize the bottles.

That's why they won't carb....you've put the yeast to sleep. I don't know about you but I don't do crap when I'm asleep. They'll never carb up.

Take them out. Let them warm back up, in a week or so give them each a shake to kick the yeast back up, and walk away for a few weeks before you even try again.

Back