Is something wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsonbrew

Reaction score
This is only my third batch of wine, but neither of the other two looked like this at this stage. I am supposed to get ready to rack to a carboy after clearing the wine. I added the chitosan, and phosphates per the directions after degassing the wine with a wine whip. Placed it in a temp controlled light deprived location for 10 days and peeked at it and this is what I saw. I smelled the wine and it smells normal, there is the yeast and what not on the bottom of the carboy like normal but all of this stuff floating on the top has me a bit concerned. Since it does not smell "off" or anything I think I am ok and will rack to a sanitized carboy as planned and just wait. Does this pic look like my wine will still be fine after racking it off this stuff floating on top? Any insight would be most appreciated.

20140217_093756.jpg

Looks normel. That floatsom is just more of what is on the bottom. It may still be fermenting some, that would cause stuff to float. Just rack it as planned and let it sit for another 2-3 months.

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back