So I cheated last night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
And had one of my Texas Blonde Ales. It's been in the bottle for a week, and I thought I'd try one out.

It was carb'ed, and boy did it taste good! :rockin: But when I finished the glass, I got a real strong alcohol taste. As if I took a shot. Would this be because its still young? Or due to the fact it was a 4.5 gal batch when it was supposed to be 5?

dang it, I forgot to check the SG before I bottled it. Can I check it when I drink the next in a few weeks?

Yeah, it'll be a little off because of the added priming sugar, but it will give you a pretty good idea. Another problem is that you will have to give the beer that you're taking the SG off a good shake when it's in the tube to test to get rid of the carbonation (again it would give you a false reading).

Mustangfreak said:
And had one of my Texas Blonde Ales. It's been in the bottle for a week, and I thought I'd try one out.

Sounds goods. How about sharing your recipe???

TD

tdiowa said:
Sounds goods. How about sharing your recipe???

TD

It's AHB recipe, except 4.5 gallons, not the specified 5.155 lol. :cross:

I can post the recipe when I get home today from work.

Back