hops and yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danile666

Reaction score
Ok so I have two and a half questions...one is a lot simpler than the other.

First:

I bought 10 hops rhyzomes from freshhops. I figured I am a noob at brewing now, but by the time it has a serious yeild I will be a little better...so I figured lets get started now. Anywho I am moving in about 20 days to a house I just bought so I have them planted in planters for now (I bought them forever ago, and my fridge likes to freeze, even on it's warmest setting, stuff and did freeze the rhyzomes so I wanted them out of there...They are doing great now btw...I planted them a week and a half ago and they have all broke the ground, two of them are two inches tall already

So whats the best method to transplanet the hops at the new house when I move?

Half:

How do you guys label which hop vines are which? I dont want something that looks tacky stickin out of the ground, but I want to know without a doubt which plant is which after they are transplanted (I just used a magic marker on the planters for now). So any ideas?

Two:

Austin Homebrew is now offering their harp clone (I love harp). I do not have the ability to lager yet though. How much will using a california steam beer yeast alter the flavor of the harp clone?

Thanks guys,

-Daniel

First: if the pots are big enough, you can probably leave them in the pots for the first year. If you want to transplant, there are a lot of helpful links in this thread on how to plant them properly.

Half: I don't. I draw a map in my brewing notebook, showing where I planted each variety.

Two: can't help you. Never tried.

Back