My Cherry Vanilla Mead Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerSamus

Reaction score
So after buying supplies from my local brew shop I realized that the yeast I got was a bit fickle (Wyeast Sweet Mead). So with that in mind I did some research and it seems to do best with a fruit mead so that is what I decided to do. My recipe is as follows.
10 Lbs Clover Honey Boiled and Foam Skimed
1 gallon sour cherre
1/2 gallon Juicy Juice Cherry, this is a blended juice but the Wyeast seems to like different fruits so I thought the addition of apple and grape juice would help it along.
16 oz Sour Cherry Syrup Concentrate.
6tbsp Yeast nutrient
2tsp Yeast energizer
Fill with purified spring water to just over 5 gallons.
Briskly mixed to oxegenate.
In the secondary ferment I will add 2 vanilla beans split and 1lb of sweet cherrys.

Right now its about 48 hours out and its bubbling away quite happily 1 bubble every 1-5 seconds. I will update it after I rack to secondary ferment and bottle. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any feedback i'm always open to the advice of those more knowlageble than myself.
I'm going to try to keep ferment under 70 degrees as I hear that helps with the flavor.

Back