Son of fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpyn55

Reaction score
Am thinking of building one of these coolers being as the temp. In southern Cal. Is quite warm
This time of year So I have a question in the design Why are the intake and exhaust on the same levels should one at top and one at bottom to prevent short circuiting please help explain thanks

That is what I am saying does one need to be at top and the other at bottom

The two ice chambers in the back have the center divider held off the bottom by a few inches. The fan pulls warm air off the top, down through the first chamber and the up through the next ice chamber and shoots cool air into the main chamber.

That is what I am saying does one need to be at top and the other at bottom

If you did this you could not control the temp. The cold air would always be entering the main fermentation chamber. With the openings both at the top, the only time cool air gets into the chamber is when the thermostat kicks in and the fan blows air into the main chamber. It is amazing how well you can control the temp of one of these.

Great design.

Back