CT Brewers Check-In

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New guy here from Milford, transplant from California -- starting to take my brewing more seriously

Greetings from Wallingford. New to brewing. Will be doing my first all-grain batch this week (a Magic Hat #9 clone).

Hey All,

Just moved the family from MA back to Weston, CT. I've been an all grain brewer for several years but kiddos and the relocation have slowed the progress as of late. I hope to clean up the brewery and kegerator and start brewing again in the next month. I'd love to meet some other people in the area who are into brewing (and possibly BBQ/Smoking).

I'm also contemplating starting up a "Brew and Q" club to promote pairing homebrew with BBQ. That would be a future task as I want to get the brewery up and running before devoting time to clubs.

If anyone is brewing in the area send me a line. I'd love to meet up!

All the Best,

Bryan

Fadedgiant we just started our club in Norwich. Check out Norwich nano brewers on face book. You are more than welcome to brew with us.

Just brewed first batch last night in Danbury. Looking forward to my new addictive hobby.

Can't believe I haven't checked in here yet, but wanted to get on the radar. I'm in Hebron and brewing tomorrow. Trying the Darth Vader Black IPA on here AG. Any eastern/central CT brew clubs out there?

Thanks,

- Jarrid

Jarrid,
I'm in the focct, we meet every second Tuesday at brew wine hobby in east Hartford. You are more then welcome to come by and check it out. I'm in Manchester here too btw.

This is Max from West Hartford. We just moved to CT from CA last summer and I've only been able to brew two batches so far. I'm still extract brewing, waiting until I get really consistent before I start moving into grains.

Right now I just bottled a clone of Long Trail Double Bag Ale from Austin Homebrew Supply, as well as a small batch of hard cider. I'm thinking my next brew will be a saison that I made last year for a friend's wedding (so I didn't get to drink much of it).

My next project is going to be a DIY stirplate made from a computer case fan. There's a super-long thread somewhere with all the instructions.

Matt checking in from Windsor. I'm still fairly new to this but have been brewing every few weeks for a couple years now, adding a bit of equipment and such here and there as I go. Switched to All Grain in the fall and already have 5 or 6 batches that have come out pretty good. Made my first yeast starter last night, i've always just pitched direct with no issues but figured i'd try this out. It's going into a chocolate porter i'm brewing with some friends and family on Saturday. Since you're from CT if you're reading this, you'll probably appreciate this...we're using top quality cocoa straight from Munsons! One of the guys joining us has been a candy maker there for 30 years. Best chocolate ever.

Good times!

Matt checking in from Windsor. I'm still fairly new to this but have been brewing every few weeks for a couple years now, adding a bit of equipment and such here and there as I go. Switched to All Grain in the fall and already have 5 or 6 batches that have come out pretty good. Made my first yeast starter last night, i've always just pitched direct with no issues but figured i'd try this out. It's going into a chocolate porter i'm brewing with some friends and family on Saturday. Since you're from CT if you're reading this, you'll probably appreciate this...we're using top quality cocoa straight from Munsons! One of the guys joining us has been a candy maker there for 30 years. Best chocolate ever.

Good times!

That's awesome. I think Hooker does a beer with Munsons chocolate in it.
Good luck with the brewday!

That's awesome. I think Hooker does a beer with Munsons chocolate in it.
Good luck with the brewday!

Thank you sir, yes they do...in fact they must be doing another batch right now because he couldn't bring me any nibs, they all went to Hooker!

No worries though, because I think the powder was enough...nibs in secondary could be overkill on the chocolate. I guess we'll see!

Hey there, New(ish) brewer here in Oakdale. I have a bunch of wine batches under my belt and about 6 extract batches. Just started purchasing the goods to go all grain. Been lurking around the forum here for a while so I figured I would sign up and say hello. Would love to sit in on an all grain session with someone who knows what they are doing, or at least acts like it :)

Hey guys, I've been home brewing just for a few weeks, and have my second home brew bottle conditioning. I have love every minute of brewing, drinking craft brews, researching and reading, and finding out stories of breweries. The list goes on, but one thing I haven't been able to do is find a brew club close to the Farmington Valley area (Avon, Burlington, Canton, Simsbury, West Hartford). I know there used to be one but it slowed and is no longer meeting. I have only done extract brews so far, as I want to make sure I can get all the variables as consistent as possible now before moving to all grain.

Anyone know of any clubs close to the Farmington Valley area?

Cheers CT Brewers!!!

Hartford CT here. I haven't brewed in a few years, but a good friend of mine is getting married in may. Thinking I'm going to bottle a bunch of brewskis for the occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hartford CT here. I haven't brewed in a few years, but a good friend of mine is getting married in may. Thinking I'm going to bottle a bunch of brewskis for the occasion.

Welcome! Great idea brewing for your friend. I did that for my buddy and gave him a case of bombers with custom labels. He loved it and was able to give some out to his relatives.

Yeah, thinking about doing 15 to 20 gallons (3 or 4 batches) Got an old recipe i did some years back, kinda like a magic hat #9 with apricots. Figure I'll start with something I've done before. Then I got a few online recipes for a Stella clone I might try. Thinking those are female friendly. I want to do a spring time ale. And maybe one more, thinking Belgian or something white so I can label it "white wedding" Just got laid off, so I got some time on my hands. Let me know if you got any ideas.

Awesome! Thanks. Took a quick look earlier. Great posts on there. Liked the Cajun pairing guide.

Jason from West Hartford. still an extract brewer after 50 batches...maybe at some point space and time will permit AG.

I'm on the last leg of welding up my brutus 10 stand, and 100$ harbor freight welder crapped out. Does anyone know a welder I could borrow for a day in exchange for beer/money around the Groton area?

Anyone around the manchester area? My group of brewing buddies has been slowly dwindling due to people moving, having kids, etc. Looking to join a club or just some people who enjoy brewing, going it alone is getting boring

Wethersfield here...Been brewing solo for a little over 2 years now...Got the all-grain setup going now and just a homebrew retorfitted kegerator going as well...

If there is a local homebrew group or just a guy or 2 local to Wethersfield to talk shop with, etc., hit me up!

What did you brew?
My apologies on the really (and I mean really) late reply. First batch was Maltose Express Heady Topper clone. Came out pretty good. I have since brewed about 10 or 11 batches since then. I am not equipped for all grain brewing and have really been learning as much as I can about brewing. Just bottled a single hopped all grain citra pale ale on Sunday and I have a double IPA using Vermont Ale Yeast in it's primary fermentor now.

My apologies on the really (and I mean really) late reply. First batch was Maltose Express Heady Topper clone. Came out pretty good. I have since brewed about 10 or 11 batches since then. I am not equipped for all grain brewing and have really been learning as much as I can about brewing. Just bottled a single hopped all grain citra pale ale on Sunday and I have a double IPA using Vermont Ale Yeast in it's primary fermentor now.

Ha! No problem. Sounds good, a citra pale is always a good beer.

Latest posts

Back