Where does everyone get their control labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeskneesbrew

Reaction score
Ive seen a few different labels on peoples control panels, where is your favorite place to have your labels made?

Thanks,
Matt:mug:

I offer some stock or custom options as well:

brewhardwarepanelnew.jpg

Hey Bobby,

Do you have any pictures of what the vinyl labels look like once applied to the control panel. I'm looking to place a custom order either tonight or tomorrow afternoon as that 44 cent shipping is pretty sweet. I'm having a hard time picturing what the vinyl will look like when applied to a control panel. Any pictures been sent in from customers?

http://brewhardware.com/vinyl-decals/63-control-panel-labels

Thanks,

Corey

Corey, no unfortunately I don't. I've shipped out probably two dozen between custom and stock labels and pictures never show up. I've sent out a couple emails to people that ordered them and I'll see if anything comes back.

I used Bobby's on my controller. I borrowed the S from one of the other words to make pump plural. Pretty basic set-up, but here's mine.

I'm happy with the labels.

One customer recently told me that the lettering was just too big and admittedly I started squeaking the font size up to make it easier to work with. However, with some of the complex layouts of components, some of the words were just too long. I just did a reboot on the layout file to reduce the font size back to practical. PUMPS plural does sound like a good change. It currently has Pump 1 and Pump 2 as separate which may make sense for some.

Yea I would say that with my current control panel lay out the font size would be too big. Is there any options for size variability with a custom order? I like the idea of using "wort pump" and "water pump" but I suppose that not everyone will use there pumps in that specific manner.

Corey

Yeah, custom texts need to be worked out in illustrator anyway so the size is plenty variable. The last one I did used letters about 5/16" tall. That's about as small as practical.

I would think most sign shops would be able to make them. My place of employment orders custom tags for our cabinets all the time from multiple sign shops.

Sweet! Thanks Bobby. I'm about to pull the trigger on a custom label order. With the font size reduced to 5/16" is the limit still about 200 characters? I've put together a custom list of what I want and i'm right on the edge of 200. I plan to place the order on Wednesday. I'm waiting for you to restock that sweet high flow elbow barb, so I can wrap everything into one order. You still planning on that being re-stocked on the 6th?

Thanks!

Corey

Well, a have a huge order shipping out air freight from China today and it varies between 4-6 days in route. We'll see. 200 characters is not a hard limit on the custom labels.

Here is one that another HBT member used:
http://www.signsbannerstags.ca/

This is the same place I used for my plastic electrical tags and the larger 2x4" aluminum tag:

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6654_1logo.jpg

All of the tags have a black face with white lettering, Arial upper case center aligned text, adhesive backing, bevelled edges, no holes, and are 1-3/4 x 1/2" in size.

On the 2x4" aluminum tag I used stainless steel cap nuts to hold the tag in place and give it an industrial look that matches my Blichmann kettles.

Kal

Very cool. I've been thinking about making up a premium "stock" sheet of labels that has just about every word possible in triplicate but it turns out that running off customs is more practical because I'm only cutting/weeding words you specifically want. Keep in mind that I'll also throw in a logo graphic with custom orders when it's not too difficult to convert to solid line art.

Latest posts

Back