elemental yeasts!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meemoe_uk

Reaction score
I hear about special elemental mineral enriched yeasts, like selenium yeast, chromium yeast, vandanium yeast etc... It sounds very interesting to me. What are these special yeasts used for? How are they made? Can an amatuer make them, how? Is there a yeast for every element?

Can I go into a pub somewhere in the uk, and they've got 50 beer taps, each one corrisponding to a different elemental mineral yeast beer? Maybe it's called the periodic table pub.
That would be so awesome.

Great, any info extremely interesting. Thanks

I looked it up and it looks like they use mineral enriched yeasts in dietary supplements like vitamin pills. From what I understand they're also using yeast as a model to see how cells absorb minerals...or something of that nature. It is pretty cool stuff but I'm not entirely sure it's what you're expecting...

Also I'm not a chemist or anything of that nature so it's probably way over my head...

Back