You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting it together to brew a milk stout to make into my Whiskely Ale this year. Bourban oaked milk stout sounds intriguing anyway...

When your at work starring at a barrel on top of a bucket and say to your self dam this is like the size of a keg/ ss pot and end up making plans for a brew stand with dimensions and how much material I will need

image-1869119416.jpg

image-1350490996.jpg

geek_chaser said:
Hells yes it would. The goal: Open the first space Cantina where "people" from all over can relax after a good Kessle Run.

Don't forget a band that plays the same song over and over

At least you're not making the Water of Life, because that's a place we guys cannot go. Unless we're the Kwisatz Haderach of course.

Haha. I may be a girl, but if I wanted to go that route it would be a light fruity beer. My geekiness and lack of prissiness is what my husband loves about me. So far The Spice of Life is just the prototype name. I might watch the movie later and mull some more ideas around, but we know exactly what we are looking for in it already.

When you tell SWMBO that you will be up all night working hard on a Belgian Blonde, and her response is not to wake her when you come to bed. :)

When your two year old girl eats all your hop candy, and as you dump your dry hops into the carboy, she grabs a Citra whole leaf and pops it in her mouth.

You know you're a home brewer when...

you're in the hospital after the birth of your second child and she is under a bili light for phototherapy to reduce jaundice and you think to yourself:

"I wonder how fast that light would skunk a beer?"

My daughter is fine and she is a beautiful three week old!

I would ask the nurse if we could conduct an experiment. In the name of (brewing) science.

You know you're a home brewer when you read bout the amazing discovery of finding "drinkable water" on mars and wonder how much it would cost to get a hold of mars water so you could be the first to brew a Red Planet Ale.

Wonder what a zero-g fermentation looks like? Would you still need a blow off tube?

I'm guessing no. With no oxygen in space, the yeast probably won't ferment?
Zero g, not zero atmosphere. I would think you would have a greater degree of oxygen exchange in a still liquid. It should be more or less sphere shaped. It would, therefore, have more surface area to exchange with. You might have a problem where the co2 would form a pocket in the liquid though, instead of separating. Like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have ridiculous dreams that mash up hobbies you've begun as a result of reading HBT. For example, last night I had a dream where I was mashing grains and struggling with the temperature, so I lifted the grain out of the mash tun (all in one lump, apparently) and began prodding the lump of grain with a Thermapen, just as if it was a pork butt that was ready to come off the smoker.

When you turn the closet in your spare bedroom (used for my Kid's play room) into a beer room.

In an effort to not have to go down to the basement all the time, I ran a power cord into the closet from the basement and have 3 mini fridge/wine coolers in there.

1 is a standard mini fridge to hold commercial beers in.
1 is a converted sanyo mini fridge with dual Taps for dispensing from two corny kegs.
1 is a wine cooler that I converted to a temp controlled fermentation chamber that holds two corny kegs.

Now I'm going to build shelves around everything to store my grains and what not.

Who says you need a ton of space to do all grain? I'm like the Ikea of brewing rooms.

When you turn the closet in your spare bedroom (used for my Kid's play room) into a beer room.

In an effort to not have to go down to the basement all the time, I ran a power cord into the closet from the basement and have 3 mini fridge/wine coolers in there.

1 is a standard mini fridge to hold commercial beers in.
1 is a converted sanyo mini fridge with dual Taps for dispensing from two corny kegs.
1 is a wine cooler that I converted to a temp controlled fermentation chamber that holds two corny kegs.

Now I'm going to build shelves around everything to store my grains and what not.

Who says you need a ton of space to do all grain? I'm like the Ikea of brewing rooms.

Well done!

WilliamSlayer said:
Wow. Just out of curiosity what was your reaction? Burst of pride? Or, hey... that's my hops!
Definite burst of pride. I love when I pull out my brew stuff and she says "You making beer Dabby?" She always likes to help but teaching proper sanitation is rocket science for a two year old.

When you order special release yeasts just to slant them in case you want them later.

And then brew a batch with it on the fly.

When you order special release yeasts just to slant them in case you want them later.

And then brew a batch with it on the fly.

Lol. Collecting yeasts the way I collect bottles. "Im sure i'll use these someday ..."

My brother in law just got us a pipeline for an Italian restaurants wine bottles.

Latest posts

Back