Noob Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Wolf

Reaction score
So I am brewing an Oktoberfest Lager for the first time... Have never brewed it, nor tried it, so being a bit of a risk-taker I guess. :) Anyway, I have always been able to use a flashlight to check out the trub and general clearness of the beer until this... TOO DARK!! :) Can someone tell me, perhaps, what I should be looking for to ensure my beer is healthy? I am SURE that it is, but just not comfortable with the lack of sight this beer gives... If that makes any sense...

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. :)

Oktoberfest beers are dark beers. Always. In my experience, you don't know how dark the beer is going to be until it's gone through fermentation and is sitting in a bottle, carbonated. At first, with my brews in the fermenter, I thought they were too dark. But over time, they will clear and they will look a lot like you thought they would.

Here's basically what I'm saying: Don't worry about how dark the beer is when it's in the fermenter. There's no reason to fret over anything at this point.

Sorry for the late reply, however, thanks for the advice. :) I bottled it the other day and can hardly wait to try it, smells wonderful!

Back