Help with demensions on sigle tier system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dupell13

Reaction score
Alright, I'm looking to make a metal stand but I'm not real handy with making the plans. I'm looking foe some help with the dimensions for single tier stand that would fit 3 sanke kegs. I want it built so I can upgrade when the cash flow comes. Right now I have a 2 tier herms setup made out of 2 x 4s and ply wood. It works just fine but I just stumbled upon some steel that would make a great stand for free.

I'm currently on my phone so I can't get you a link, but you can go to http://*********** . You can order the booklet for plans for the Brutus 10 system for $3 I believe, or I'm sure there will probably be someone on here that knows some measurements that will be more than willing to help you with.

Keggles are approximately 15.5" in diameter. Giving a little elbow room between each keggle gives you 18" for each keggle. So 54" wide. Make the area for each burner area square so your're at 18" deep. Second level (pump rail) or whatever you want to call it should be about 12" below the top rail. A comfortable height is 32" with enough drop to your pumps, so subtract the height of your casters and there you go.

This one I believe is a little wider than 54". The owner is using Blichmann kettles.
RedStandwithkeggles.jpg

Thanks for the advice and the link. I'm going to update this thread once I get started. I need to teach myself how to weld and then I'm set. Hopefully it goes well. I make sure I don't start drinking until after the day is finished.

Back