Finding Wyeast Pacman?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJBrowny21

Reaction score
I'm brewing my first beer ever with a co-worker and I'm planning on making a Rogue Dead Guy clone which calls for Wyeast Pacman. It seems like nobody has it in stock as it is a special/limited release product. Anyone know of where I could find it? I know the recipe says I can use Wyeast American Ale but would like to use the Pacman. Thanks for your help!

PM me with your number. I have a friend that works at Rogue and he just sent me a fresh supply of Pacman 2 days ago. :D

---Todd

Thank you everyone for your help! THughes came through HUGE and personally delivered Pacman yeast to my house straigh from Rogue brewery. Not too bad for my 1st post ever here.

thughes - can your friend provide a Double Dead Guy recipe?

Sorry guys, I am not that "tight" with my Rogue contact that I an get inside info on recipes.

FYI: I was informed that Rogue can be very accommodating to those that show up on their doorstep and ask nicely for some yeast. ;)

I waited about 3 weeks for BMW to get it in, but it looks like this yeast is just too in demand. Maybe re-using this yeast is a good idea once you get your hands on it.

I have brewed three or four batches from yeast harvested from one bottle of Rogue. It's easy and it works. Plus you get free beer.

I have brewed three or four batches from yeast harvested from one bottle of Rogue. It's easy and it works. Plus you get free beer.

+1. I have used this yeast for many a beer and I have found that this yeat performs exactly like WLP001 but is slightly more flocculent. So, i wouldn't wait or postpone brewing because pacman was not available. Rogue overpitches and ferments cool on most of their brews. I would just use WLP001 mash high and ferment cool. If dead guy dry's out it doesn't taste nearly as good. 1.014 is the sweet spot.

Latest posts

Back