Brew-Magic help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanibel14

Reaction score
To anybody that has experience with a brew-magic system: Just got ours yesterday and did a water test this morning. Poured 10 gallons into the sparge tank. Opened valve to flood pump and then turned it on. Successfully pumped water into Mash. Shut pump off and then opened valve to boil kettle. Turned pump on and water started to pump into boil kettle. Got through about 5 gallons or so and noticed water had slowed to almost a trickle. Shut everything down closed all valves and started from the beginning again but could not get pump to prime. I can hear it running but it won't pump any water to anything. Anybody know how to bleed one of these things. I've been trying for about an hour and can't get it to pump anything. Slainte!

Does the plumping not have a purge valve, to where you can bleed air of the system while priming the pump?

It has a valve on the bottom of the system that drains all water out that gets stuck at the bottom of the tanks . The manual says this also acts as a way of bleeding the lines if they get air locked. Tried it and still can't get the pump to move water. I'll play with it in the morning. Thanks for the reply though.

Back