Sanke kegs to kettle help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleFisted

Reaction score
I have three kegs that I purchased and I want to convert them to kettles. Does someone have a parts list of everything I need and maybe a website where I can purchase everything? Or can you get them at your local hardware store?

www.bargainfittings.com

for your one stop shop, on weldless or welded fittings.

it really depends on how you want to outfit your keggles as far as "every thing you need" part.

do a lot of searching on here for keggles and check out the similar threads down at the bottom for ideas of how you want to proceed in your build.

-=Jason=-

I have three kegs that I purchased and I want to convert them to kettles. Does someone have a parts list of everything I need and maybe a website where I can purchase everything? Or can you get them at your local hardware store?

At a bare minimum all you really need to do is cut the top out. The question is what do you want to do? valves only? valves and thermometer ports? sightglass? hermes coil?

http://www.bargainfittings.com/ is a good place to start.

i would like valves, thermometer ports and sight glass at least. I am not familiar with the hermes coil

Big thumbs up on bargainfittings! I got a big load of SS parts and silicone tubing from recently. Which ones you need depends on what you're doing. As an example I'm going welded. HLT will have a ball valve out and a sight glass/thermometer combo, BK with the same plus a ball valve return, and a MLT with a ball valve out and return and a thermometer. Parts list of 8 couplers, 5 ball valves, 8 threaded nipples, 3 thermometers, 3 tee's, 2 sight glasses. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Camlock QD's all around. Best advice is plan it out and draw a picture so nothing is missed.

cool thanks yeah I just didn't even know where to start so having the list is a great start then I think i can figure out how to do it

well there really isn't a "list"

do you want weld-less or welded/soldered ?

weld-less you just drill a hole to size and tighten down stuff

welding/ soldering requires a little more, but no o-rings or gaskets to change out or leaks to worry about.

like I said already it really depends on what direction you want to go.

-=Jason=-

I would do weldless and yeah I guess I have to figure out everything that I want first thanks for all the help

Back