What are your setting on your Barley Crusher...I about to order one.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat x nub

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys. After the my LHBS pretty much milled my grain to dust, I am going to get my own mill. After some looking around it seems the barley crusher is the one for me. I was curious about if you kept your barley crusher at the default settings or if you changed it. And what efficency are you usually pumping out with that setting?

I've kept mine at factory but I think that Ed and some other people set theirs at 1 and have improved eff. I'm thinking about changing and seeing what happens.:mug:

.031in and 85-91%. its a good mill, there are better ones out there but for the price I think its the best choice for a entry level mill. they come with a handle and base and hopper so it works right out of the box.

Thanks! I think i will keep it at factory settings. No need to change something that seems to be working fine. Have you guys attached yours to a drill? Maybe i i change it down a bit...85-91% looks tempting

I think they mean they set the dials to 1 o'clock.

I use the factory settings, and efficiency is plenty high. HUGE difference versus used HBS's crush.

the '1' works out to be @.036" and that's where i run mine it improved my eff about 10-15 points from factory but when i went down to .032 i stick mash it.

Back