New to Homebrew in Albany/Troy Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlronan

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I live in Latham and just started brewing. I remember when I was younger watching my dad brew and loving the whole process and smells. I grew up near Utica and one of my favorite things to do was go on the tours at FX Matt Brewery. Live in the Albany/Troy area now and would love to learn any tricks of the trade you guys can teach.

Hey I just started a few months back myself, from the Schenectady area. We're lucky to have a couple of homebrew shops around as well as some clubs. The shop closest to you would probably be Homebrew Emporium in East Greenbush and then up the northway a bit is the Saratoga Zymurgist. I've got good advice and supplies at both shops. Also check out Albany Brew Crafters who hold meetings at The Ruck. Tend to run into a good number of home brewers at the various pubs and breweries in the area so you're in good company! :mug:

The Ruck is one of my favorite area bars. I just wish I could get in there more often.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Rare Form Brewing Company is opening up really soon on Congress in downtown Troy. The website looks great, and the beer rotation looks intriguing. They're also going to do a scale up project where they'll choose one recipe a month from homebrewers to brew on their system and serve in their taproom. I'm pretty psyched.

I've been in this area for ten years and there's a ton of great beer places around now: Capital City Gastropub, Finnbar, City Beer Hall, the Bier Abbey, the Biergarten, the Ruck, the Merry Monk, Brown's, etc.... and Homebrewing Emporium is fantastic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Back