BCS-460 Users - Temperature Probe Calibration?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Douglefish

Reaction score
For all BCS-460 users, did any of you recalibrate your temperature probes? If so how far off were they?

I bought probes from Derrin at Brewershardware and used his calibration numbers. With stock numbers they were about 1/2 a degree F off and now compared to ice water and boiling they are dead on.

That's good to know, anyone use the ones provided by Embedded Concept Controls?

Yes I am using the BCS-460. I bought 2 sensors from Derrin at Brewers Hardware.

I calibrated my Brewer's Hardware temperature sensors based on real measurements as the reported temps from them did not reconcile with my Thermapen. I am relying on the Thermapen as the baseline. Before calibration the BH sensors, using his coefficients, were measuring around 2 F below the Thermapen readings at 104 F and 158F but 2 F above the Thermapen at 32.1F. I modified the coefficients using the BCS thermo test page and now believe they are accurate across the board.

Yes I am using the BCS-460. I bought 2 sensors from Derrin at Brewers Hardware.

I calibrated my Brewer's Hardware temperature sensors based on real measurements as the reported temps from them did not reconcile with my Thermapen. I am relying on the Thermapen as the baseline. Before calibration the BH sensors, using his coefficients, were measuring around 2 F below the Thermapen readings at 104 F and 158F but 2 F above the Thermapen at 32.1F. I modified the coefficients using the BCS thermo test page and now believe they are accurate across the board.

Thats interesting, I really only compared mine on the two extremes so now you've intrigued me enough to test it against a lab thermo.

Latest posts

Back