Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
Someone just gifted me a bottle of SN 30th Anniversary Black Barleywine. Has anyone had this yet? I was thinking of tucking it away for a year or two before drinking it. Any thoughts?

It's been getting really good reviews right now, so unless you have a second bottle, I'd drink it sooner rather than later. I'm not a fan of laying something down if I have no idea what the (semi)fresh version tastes like. To each their own, though. Enjoy! :mug:

It's been getting really good reviews right now, so unless you have a second bottle, I'd drink it sooner rather than later. I'm not a fan of laying something down if I have no idea what the (semi)fresh version tastes like. To each their own, though. Enjoy! :mug:

Point taken. I have a case of last year's Bigfoot Ale that I've tucked away. 12 for this Christmas and 12 for Christmas 2011. I'd like to see the difference between "fresh", 1 year old, and 2 year old. Bigfoot ages well.

Point taken. I have a case of last year's Bigfoot Ale that I've tucked away. 12 for this Christmas and 12 for Christmas 2011. I'd like to see the difference between "fresh", 1 year old, and 2 year old. Bigfoot ages well.

Same here, I snapped up 3 cases and have just under 2 left I think... I think their bigfoots age well so I would assume their other BW's woudl as well

Its good fresh but probably also good aged. I wouldn't know because I have no self control. Might go get a bottle and try to age it though.

Does anyone know what kind of yeast SN uses in this beer? There is a ****load of it at the bottom of the bottle, I was thinking of harvesting it.

Latest posts

Back