Better Bottle Funnel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelikan

Reaction score
On the Better Bottle web page, it has a proprietary 124mm diameter funnel listed. This thing seems so perfect in a number of ways. Problem is, I can't track it down anywhere (except for one online place in Australia, and I'd just as soon use the funnel I have as opposed to ordering one from halfway around the world :drunk:).

Does anyone know where to find this elusive piece of kit?

Well I went to the Better Bottle website and read the description of the funnel and I did not see the benefit in using theirs versus any other type of suitable funnel, just that it might fit more snug. You will probably need to hold onto the funnel when filling the carboy anyway. I use one similar to what northern brewer sells on their website.
I also did a quick search for the funnel and no luck.

alpo: Already did the dealer search my man, no luck.

harley03: I was thinking the funnel would help most when I'm dry hopping, as the opening to the funnel is at least twice as large as what I'm accustomed to using. With the BB funnel, I can more or less dump the hops right in there and tamp them in with the (sterilized) end of my mashing spoon. I guess I should note, I'm using my BB as a secondary, not a primary...although I'm sure the funnel would benefit a primary setup as well.

I've sent them an email, so we'll see. It's funny to me that the only place I see the funnel listed is a homebrew outfit in Australia. In the US (B-B's home-turf), their funnel is nowhere to be seen...

Back