• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Keggle for sale or trade - Aurora Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamuraiSquirrel

Reaction score
So, I have several extra keggles in my garage that I am considering selling and would also consider trading. I'd prefer to only sell them locally unless the buyer is willing to cover actual shipping costs (which I can find out if there are any serious inquiries - I am guessing probably like $40 bucks but that is a guess at best)

The kegs that I have are all pretty much in mint condition with no (or very minor) cosmetic dings or dents. The tops have been cut out with an angle grinder. A couple of them have been used and a couple are brand new - in the sense that they have never been on the burner (the only difference is the purpleish discoloration on the bottom keg skirt that you get after a few uses). In any case if any one is interested post below or send me a PM. Not sure how much interest there is but in the event that my message box fills up post below and I'll get back to you.

All the kegs below have the tops cut out and are ready for use as a brew kettle. I did the cuts myself with an angle grinder. The cuts are very clean with no burrs or jagged edges. They are smooth to the touch all the way around - top and bottom. $85 cash or equivalent trade. I've been brewing for awhile and have accumulated pretty much 2 of everything. So as far as trades go the only thing that I really need are corny kegs (ball lock only) and a large co2 tank (20lb).

Let me know if there's any interest or if you'd like any additional pictures.

Picture011.jpg

DSC06290.jpg

DSC06292.jpg

DSC07298.jpg
** NOTE - CHILLER NOT INCLUDED

[Rant]

I see guys crab all the time on here that they can't find keggles. Here is a guy that has some really nice ones for sale at a reasonable price and he only has one reply so far. Do people want them for free??? I just don't understand.:confused:

[/Rant]

[Rant]

I see guys crab all the time on here that they can't find keggles. Here is a guy that has some really nice ones for sale at a reasonable price and he only has one reply so far. Do people want them for free??? I just don't understand.:confused:

[/Rant]

Maybe they don't live local to him??

[Rant]

[/Rant]
I hear you. However, I pmed this fellow and made him a very fair offer. He has not responded in over 24 hours. I told him as I'll tell you, I move a lot of kegs in chicagoland. He is asking too much, even for very nice kegs. Pretty or not.

i would be interested, but live in St. Louis... so, just a bit far for me and not worth the shipping.

anyone in STL have brew pots/keggle's for sale?

Hello and thanks to everyone who PM'd me and posted above.

I tried to reply directly to as many inquiries as possible. However, only having 5 TOTAL message spaces (inbox and sent combined - yes it's probably time to get the membership) it was getting very frustrating trying to respond to each message. To send a message you can only have 4 in your inbox. Then you have to go delete the message you just sent ... etc. etc. etc.

I believe I responded directly to everyone who was interested in local pickup at the asking price. If not, please message me again as the message may have been inadvertantly deleted (I don't think any were but I apologize if this did happen).

If you were interested in local pickup and offered less than the asking price, initially i was trying to respond to everyone but stopped due to the frustrations mentioned above with the messaging limitations. Due to the number of inquiries I had for local pickup at the asking price I can't accept any offers for less at this time.

If you PM'd or posted above regarding shipping, I apologize but have to give priority to the local pickup offers just because it eliminates the step of packing and shipping the kegs. Again, this is just based on the number of local inquiries i recieved.

Thanks again for all of the interest. A couple of the kegs have sold and I still have a couple available.

I hear you. However, I pmed this fellow and made him a very fair offer. He has not responded in over 24 hours. I told him as I'll tell you, I move a lot of kegs in chicagoland. He is asking too much, even for very nice kegs. Pretty or not.

Strictly out of curiosity, do you offer your kegs with the top cutout?

Dude go threadjack somewhere else or better yet go make your own freakin post .......

If you "move a lot of kegs in chicagoland" why are you wanting to buy mine?

I don't "move kegs" ..... I'm a homebrewer who ran across some kegs. I took all the guy had cuz I didn't know how many i needed, kept some for myself, offered some to my buddies, and I'm offering the rest to the fellow brewers on here.

If you don't want to buy them for the price I'm asking then I will keep them. It's no loss to me.

If you want to find your own keg and do the work yourself go for it lol ..........

Ok,
First of all they are nice kegs. They would be great for me and anyone else. I would custom fit them, for my own use. As I said they are nice. Which is why I made a very fair offer. If you don't want to accept my offer than just say so. Which leads to the next point. If you answered your pm, then I would have had an answer, and would not have posted the "thread jack" (never heard of said "thread jack"). The "thread jack, was in response to a rant about people not finding kegs. Third, play nice. Chicago needs more reasonable brewers.

Don't know how I missed this thread. I have a 20 lb. co2 tank I'd glady trade for a nice keggle and I live in Elburn. I drive through Aurora everyday on my way to work in the city. My tank is out of date, but in very good condition and I'd guess about 3/4 full. Please PM me if you'd like to work out a trade.

Keg I got from Yeast Infection worked out very well. Keg is in great shape and has a real nice cut on it. Thanks.

Back