What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You work or the Fire Department or you working the construction on the project??

I am a firefighter our here by San Francisco, and it was amazing how similar this was to the huge fire we had in San Fran. That rescue of the worker was crazy!!

Godspeed to the 2 Boston Firefighters that lost their lives today in a huge apartment fire there. So sad. Prayers for them and their families.

San Fran is a great town, the wife and I went there 5yrs ago on our first yr anniversary. Anchor beer turned me on to good beer. We stopped by the station with a tiller truck "alley cats" those guys were great. We traded patches we are the Dixie dogs. It was funny the ff we talked to the most was stereotype California surfer, he had no idea where Houston, TX was

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A chauffer? So do you drive the chief around?? Just wondering as its different than our system out here. Good for you, but bad for the fire. Pretty damn crazy. Glad you are safe and able to enjoy a brew. Cheers brotha'!

Chauffeur= engineer/operator/driver. Every apparatus from chief to ambulance has a assigned chauffeur.
Ahh the fire service separated by a common language

San Fran is a great town, the wife and I went there 5yrs ago on our first yr anniversary. Anchor beer turned me on to good beer. We stopped by the station with a tiller truck "alley cats" those guys were great. We traded patches we are the Dixie dogs. It was funny the ff we talked to the most was stereotype California surfer, he had no idea where Houston, TX was

Haha. Thats pretty typical out here. Not to say we are all that way, but its pretty typical. Glad you had a good experience with California. If oyu eve rcome out here again, let me know. Ill show ya around.

On a more serious note, they released the dispatch from the 2 Boston firefighters that died. Its pretty intense. For all you people that think firefighters get paid too much, or think we just sit around and watch TV and collect a paycheck, listen to this. Its pretty F-ing sobering. Ill include a link.

If you really want to listen to the end of peoples lives. This is it. Its terrible. As a firefighter, its so hard to listen to, but we have to. Hopefully we will learn. The dispatcher was absolutely amazing during all this. She needs to be recognized. So sad. Didnt want to jack this thread with this, but I felt I had to. Sorry.

Oh, and I am drinking the 2nd half of my Drakonic Stout in memory of these brave souls

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see the haul!!! :D

Having a HB nut brown...and admiring the stuff before bedtime.

IMAG2822.jpg

IMAG2818.jpg

Thanks for posting that,not enough people realize what it's like. To bad the politicians that vote to lower our wages and pensions aren't home brewers and read this. I hope if I every get back in a situation like that again to have a radio operator like that working the fire! She is remarkable. This is gut wrenching it takes me back to last year when we lost four brothers and a sister and I heard two of my buddies die over the radio like them. It's the most helpless feeling in the world. My heart goes out to BFD. Especially L26 those guys lost some guys 5yrs ago. We met them in Colorado Springs when we lost two guys off E26.
With that said I wouldn't stop doing what I do for a living for the world
Cheers HBT, thanks for letting us vent

Close, it's the Holiday Inn by IAH. Home sweet home for 6 more weeks. At least Houston has decent beer.

I've visited the Specs in Kingwood too much to count. I believe that's the closest bottle shop near the airport. I guess that may depend on what side of the airport you are on.

Close, it's the Holiday Inn by IAH. Home sweet home for 6 more weeks. At least Houston has decent beer.

If you have a car try to go to Petrol Station and other bars that are not too far away. Downtown spec's has the best selection because it is the warehouse and hogs all the good beer.

Water. Eating breakfast and it's 11:22. ****.

Have to skip the gym due to an urgent request from my boss' boss. ****.

Try having a 2-hour call with Brits.

More Coff.

Ha! That's funny right there. I just laughed out loud (because I can relate to this) and I'd rather get kicked in the groin TWICE than do that again.

coffee

Powerade because some jerk (me) drank all the coffee and didn't roast or buy any more. Only got about 5 hours of sleep last night and woke up to find out my daughter's hamster somehow got out of his cage and can't find the little bastard. It's going to be a lovely day.

Powerade because some jerk (me) drank all the coffee and didn't roast or buy any more. Only got about 5 hours of sleep last night and woke up to find out my daughter's hamster somehow got out of his cage and can't find the little bastard. It's going to be a lovely day.

Gotta love losing those furry lil things. I remember years ago losing one right before a vacation. Apparently you need to shut the cage to keep it in there. :confused: Best part was I was all proud of myself for cleaning the cage out, then left the latch open. Oops. Never found it afterwards either

We don't fly fish in salt water when we go out. My other buddy, who still lives in the Bronx, goes out to Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn and fly-fishes in the salt water. He gets Stripers.

I normally drift eels for Stripers and anchor-up and drop bunker into the water for Bluefish. Also drift squid for Fluke.

Back