Bochet tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fathand

Reaction score
I was curious about bochet after reading about it on here and on another site dedicated to mead but never really found a post that described the taste.

So flying blind, I did some research then formulated a recipe based on other's posts and made a 1 gallon batch back on 6/24/12.

Recipe
3.7 lbs raw clover boiled for 1.5 hours
EC-1118
Added Fermax and Energizer ala SNA

OG 1.120
FG 1.020
Bottled 10/20/12

Taste
I split a bottle with friends on New Years Eve. Beverage was at cellar temp. Interesting taste. Was not expecting it. Very very sherry like. Raisinous and roasty. Almost nutty with a hint of cherry flavor. Being mainly a beer guy I never thought you could describe a beverage with all those adjectives above.

I look forward to keeping sampling it with more and more age. Also if I were to do it again I think I would age it on oak as I think that would benefit it greatly.

Well I don't know if its honey dependant but often read of people alluding to it tasting like roasted marshmallows.

I'll have some idea once I've done my burn in a couple of weeks.....

Latest posts

Back