Holiday party beer tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oly884

Reaction score
Again this year, I've been elected to select beers for tasting/drinking during my work's holiday party. I did it last year with great results. The beer tasting is not the primary purpose of the party. There will also be wine tasting, food, etc. To sum it up, it's a pretty fun event for the company. It's pretty informal, and most of the night is spend BS'ing with coworkers and whomever else is there. Tables will be set up with a few beers/wines for tasting.

There's going to be approximately 130-150 people (includes employees and spouses). About 30-40 people do the beer tasting.

I did 6 beers last year, seemed to work out well between having enough for tasting and purchasing (If someone liked a certain type of beer they could buy a glass).

This year, I think I'm going to stick with the same.

I'd say about 90% of the people that do the beer tasting don't know much about beer, only a handful of people commented on the 'cool' selection. So I view this as an opportunity to get people away from the crap beer.

Anyways, I'm debating between offering up a wide selection from all over, or go for something specific (eg. fall/winter beers).

So, what has everyone done? Any suggestions?

As for right now, one beer that I'm fairly set on using is the Alaskan Baltic Porter. That stuff is liquid gold. Well, black gold, but gold none-the-less. I didn't do it last year as I wanted people to try the Old Rasputin, that was one of the favorites of the night. I have a feeling the baltic porter will go over well. Obviously that'd be the last beer on the list.

So, if anyone has suggestions for "themes" to follow, or simply some great beers, I'd appreciate any input!

Back