Flame color

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soup_nazi

Reaction score
I'm brewing my second all grain batch tommorrow. I was wondering what color the flame should be for the best efficiency of fuel. The first batch the flame was almost invisible. Should I try to adjust the choke?

The flame should be blue (which can be difficult to see in light). If it turns yellow, you don't have enough O2, and you can get a bunch of soot on the kettle. Sounds like you don't need to make any adjustments.

-a.

Thanks, It was blue, its just hard to see. It got cloudy some and then I could tell. Did run out of gas, right at the start of the boil. That really stunk because I had to steal the tank from the BBQ, and was planning on grilling some burgers up during the boil. I was starving, I was thinking about eating a bowl of spent grains

Hahahahaha, your user name - just got it. "No soup for you!"

My last name is Campbell so after the seinfield came out I got that alot. and alot of "No beer for you"

Latest posts

Back