What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oberon it's just not as good as it used to be :-(

ForumRunner_20130815_181159.png

TNGabe said:
I'm not sure 'humble' is the first word I'd use to describe you Remmy. :D

He knows how to chillax.

"Beast" would be the first!!!

Don't know why people love this beer so much. I think the can has a lot to do with it. Hipster-nation, Williamsburg, baby.

Decent brew, as always every I have it. But not on Gandhi or Heady's level. Still enjoying it.

Yeah, I much prefer Bengali

Tripplehazzard's IPA ... Very good although I let it sit a little too long and the aroma has suffered.

image-1503426926.jpg

Label is nice, but I think the duck tape but I think a store brand (Walmart?) instead of Duck.

And yes - sfrisby makes some great labels. And that was just the one he uses when he fills a bottle from his tap! :mug:

All the errands and crap are done its a go for vacation!! Having a HB Hard Root Beer with a Blaecorn Unicorn chilling in the fridge. So glad we now have Clown Shoes in Michigan!

ForumRunner_20130815_183558.jpg

Homeade habenero hot sauce. Literally a snifter of it. Weak peppers I guess. Lips are kinda on fire now and cant sit still,not hoppin around like Im gonna piss my pants or anything yet. Hopefully I didnt wreck my palate for a beer or two tonight.

My town's brewery. Enjoying this on the front lawn. Smacked!!!

image-3105629200.jpg

All hops do, some just more than others. Believe it or not, they change from year to year, farm to farm, region to region, and throughout the year as the dried hops age. But don't tell anyone else, it could ruin a lot of arguing on the internet.:D
that is what I was getting at. the Nugget I grew in SD seemed a bit more aggressive than the Nugget I grew in WY from the same plant. from what I understand of the Mosaic is that it's more sensitive to changing conditions than any single hop.

and I'm having my Helles.

On to HB Belgian tripel Chimay blue clone.. This ***** is proper!

That is one dark tripel. ;) I think those that categorize call Chimay Grande Reserve a BDSA. Did you use the CSI recipe?

I don't like it young, but with 2-5 years on it, Chimay Blue really drinks nicely. My buddy has a magnum of '93 he's opening for his b-day in November, along with some other vintage gems.

That is one dark tripel. ;) I think those that categorize call Chimay Grande Reserve a BDSA. Did you use the CSI recipe?

I don't like it young, but with 2-5 years on it, Chimay Blue really drinks nicely. My buddy has a magnum of '93 he's opening for his b-day in November, along with some other vintage gems.

Yessir, Used CSI recipe with a extended boil. A '93 would be a masterpiece methinks!

FermentNEthinG said:
Yessir, Used CSI recipe with a extended boil. A '93 would be a masterpiece methinks!

Well I'm sure I'll post when we drink it.

image-3174608226.jpg

White peach Berliner. I think this beer may be too acidic to carb.

Rye, Aye Captain! I think this is one of my better IPAs. It might get trumped, though by either or both of my next two... an imperial red (which also happens to meet the style guidelines for IIPA) brewed with Nelson Sauvin, Kohatu and Motueka hops (all NZ hops). That one's called Ultra Kiwi Red Ale (UKRA). The other one is going to be a SMaSH brew of Maris Otter and El Dorado hops. I am incredibly excited to brew with El Dorado. Look at me, rambling on like a school girl with new brew excitement. I'll stop now. Cheers!

20130815_191100.jpg

Southern Tier Harvest Ale. Waiting for my American Amber and Oktoberfest to come online. Countdown to Ecstasy...

Weren't you just FMLing about having to cut yours brah?

I was definitely cussing out there. Good thing no one can hear me. I hate it every time. I don't have a ride-on mower just yet. FML!

ehope411 said:
Southern Tier Harvest Ale. Waiting for my American Amber and Oktoberfest to come online. Countdown to Ecstasy...

Can't wait for the Southern tier Imperial pumking coming out next month. (Warlock) Now I see why they released the pumking so early.

Latest posts

Back