standard height for tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cincybrewer

Reaction score
Is there a standard, or best height/width dimensions for a draft tower on top of a mini-fridge? I've seen a Perlick that is 9"h x 4"w x4"d and was wondering if this is a good size for a tower on a mini-fridge, or if they are all basically this size???

Mine is 14" high, and I don't think I'd go much shorter. Think about the type of glassware you typically use, and it'll determine how high you need to go. I like to use giant 25oz. pilsner glasses that are pretty tall, so I couldn't go less than 12".

Thanks, I didn't think about the height of a glass. I'd have to measure to see what 9" feels like.

Is there a difference between 3" inch and 4" diameter towers? Does that just give you more room for tubing?

Thanks.

Another related question: It appears that Perlick is the best of the best. Is that for both towers and faucets? To save money I was wondering if it was worth it to buy a non-perlick tower (but still a decent one) and spend the extra money on Perlick facets. I would think the facets are more important but I really don't have a clue.

You're right...the faucets are the most important. Perlick towers are just a normal tower with a perlick stamp on them. Nothing in the tower will make your beer pour better unless you're planning on buying a glycol cooled tower.

I have a very cheap 3 faucet tower and it does the job. Perlick faucets are definitely the way to go, though.

Latest posts

Back