In Search Of...Yakima Twilight Clone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBalls

Reaction score
I'm drinking a Yakima Twilight from Victory, and it is friggin delicious. I can't find a recipe, and Victory's website isn't much help. Anyone out there tried to brew a clone? If I could find a recipe I'd be a happy man...

Not much info out there:

YAKIMA TWILIGHT
The tenacious grip of big, juicy hop aroma and character slides smoothly into rich, dark malts. This heavyweight battle between fresh, Yakima Valley hops and dark, roasted malts is resolved harmoniously as the flavors merge to deliver complex satisfaction with a warming edge. Enjoy the ‘twilight’ for the bright and brassy hops!

COMPOSITION
Hops:Four whole flower Yakima Valley hops
Malts: imported, German malts
ABV: 8.7%

Sounds like there is probably some carafa in there for color, plus lots of German pils/pale. Might be some vienna/munich as well (I believe Hop Devil is heavy on the Vienna plus a bit of caramunich).

For the hops you could go with whatver combo of 4 northwest hops suit you (I just did a simcoe/amarillo/columbus IPA that I have high hopes for). Hop Devil is supposed to be Cascade/Centennial/Tett, so that might give you an idea of what they have around the brewery.

Hope that is of some help, good luck.

still waiting.... i'm in to these black IPA's... for some reason the really hit something.

Yummy, it's back out and as delicious as ever, but for whatever reason it's renamed Yakima Glory now.

Anyone ever successfully clone this fantastic brew?

Bump^ - still searching. Brewed Northern Brewer's Black IPA this weekend. Anxious to see if it's anything like Yakima Glory/Twilight.

Latest posts

Back