easiest styles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy an extract kit follow instructions and you will be fine whatever you decide. (Don't use any generic yeast though, get a dry yeast from danstar or safale). Darker beers do tend to cover up small mistakes, however

If you're just starting, most extract kits will get you pretty decent results.

I've brewed a lot of Coopers and Munton kits, and they've all been more than drinkable. At $20/pop, you can't beat them!

I'll endorse the Brew Kit. Pick one and follow the directions to a T. You should end up with something "Drinkable". It's hard to mess up a Kit... well as long as you read the recipie directions. =) he he he .

But realy, just Dive in the deep end! And Don't pitch it after 4 weeks because it doesn't taste the way you thought! I'm driniking one I thought was not so good almost 6 months ago, and now is actually Quite Good!.

Beer is no-harm, no-foul, and is far more independent of what you may/may not do to it in the process. Kinda a "No-brainer".. although in the beginning it seems like it's "ROCKET" science!

Cheers, relax, brew and have "FUN"!!!

Low-alcohol wheats and stouts. Wheats have the simplest recipes, stouts are forgiving, low alcohol ensures you won't have problems with the yeast. They are ready quickly, too, which really helps if you are an impatient beginner.

I usually tell people to start with English styles. You can do a simple single infusion mash, the yeast are quick working and flocc well, they are more tolerant of warm temps than other strains, and they are ready to drink quickly and delicious. So start with a bitter or something, they are packed with flavor and advanced techniques don't improve them at all.

How does the quote go?

"The British use simple processes to make complex beer and Germans use complex processes to make simple beer"

+1 on the Cooper's or Muntons kits. I've been using them a while now. Hard to screw them up just subsititute DME/LME for the dextrose.

Back