Problem with CO2 Regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddub

Reaction score
I bought a kegging kit from keg connection with the dual body regulator but it seems like the second regulator is very slow to respond. For example, I have the regulator set at 11 psi...now when I pour 3-4 pints the pressure will drop down to around 9 psi. After dropping it will take a very long time, say 2-3 hours to return to 11 psi.

This seems to be a new problem because I have had this setup for almost 3 months and this just started happening in the past couple weeks. Is there something wrong with the regulator? Should I just buy a new one?

I have the exact same issue on one of my regulators. In my case, it is still accurate and I have just learned to live with it. Its a PITA though. Tweak a little, wait 4 hours for it to stabilize... If its an easy fix, please post it up.

Something is def not right.

If you just bought it, call the vendor.

If it is older, try a rebuild kit...if you take your time and don't loose track of the parts and pieces, they are fairly easy to rebuild. Rebuild kit is a lot less expensive then a new regulator.

I've also taken mine apart to simply clean it...you'd be supprised what you find in it.

Keep us posted!!!

just be careful, those diapragms are sometimes fragile.

hey are the two regulators in line serially? in my woodshop, if I have a pressure reg. downstream from another one, I get wacky results when the two pressure settings are similar. slow responses, and vibrating "sneezes", etc.

I bought the set up in the middle of October. I guess I'll try and give them a call tomorrow.

just be careful, those diapragms are sometimes fragile.

hey are the two regulators in line serially? in my woodshop, if I have a pressure reg. downstream from another one, I get wacky results when the two pressure settings are similar. slow responses, and vibrating "sneezes", etc.

It is downstream from the first regulator and I was thinking this might be the problem; however, the second regulator didn't always behave like this. This just started happening a couple weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back