Fermentation Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsonbrew

Reaction score
I am on my 7th batch and have yet to encounter this issue. I am brewing a Belgian Wiet beer and used liquid yeast for the first time, I am not sure it is because of the liquid yeast but, my fermentation process seems to be going slow. The initial stage took off like a rocket, went hard for 2-3 days then settled into a nice 8 second between bubble ferementation stage on day 4. Well now its day 8 and I am still getting bubbles in the air lock every 8/9 seconds, it has not seemed to slow down over the past 4 days. Has anyone encountered this. It is also my first partial mash but I wouldnt think that would have anything to do with it either. Any ideas?

I am on my 7th batch and have yet to encounter this issue. I am brewing a Belgian Wiet beer and used liquid yeast for the first time, I am not sure it is because of the liquid yeast but, my fermentation process seems to be going slow. The initial stage took off like a rocket, went hard for 2-3 days then settled into a nice 8 second between bubble ferementation stage on day 4. Well now its day 8 and I am still getting bubbles in the air lock every 8/9 seconds, it has not seemed to slow down over the past 4 days. Has anyone encountered this. It is also my first partial mash but I wouldnt think that would have anything to do with it either. Any ideas?

Sometimes airlocks bubble for a while, sometimes they don't. If the SG reading hasn't changed over at least several days, then it's done.

As far as I understand it I think you are okay. Different yeast strains, amount of sugars for the yeast to feed on will obviously result in different days in fermenting, but i have made a good pale ale with just three days in first fermentation. So as long as it tastes fine when you are done your yeast has done its job.

My belgian pale ale did the same thing. Prob. just the yeast strain and prob. nothing to worry about.

Kevin

Back